Amazon Kayak Tour
5 day tour starting on Mondays
Price 2022: $1250 per person
Maximum 5 persons per group
The Tiputini river crosses from west to east the national park on its north side. This intricate river is perfect for exploring the deepness of the jungle. Kayaking might be the best way to see wildlife inside the national park as we do not make noise when going downriver. Some groups have been lucky to see pink river dolphins, giant otters, and tapirs crossing the river while kayaking. This amazon kayak tour will blow your mind.
Day 1: Arrival at Mandari Panga
We’ll then begin a journey of about an hour and 45 minutes on land transport; then, we will arrive at the Tiputini river. There, a motorized canoe and our kayaks will be waiting for us. The first will bring your belongings to the camp, and we will embark on the kayaks for a 5-hour paddle. Along the way, we will stop for lunch. When we arrive at the camp, you will have time to know the facilities and settle into your tent. Enjoy a welcome drink and snacks.
When we return to camp, a delicious dinner served by candlelight will be ready for you.
Day 2: Hiking the "Pecary Trail"
In the afternoon, we'll enjoy a pleasant afternoon kayaking in the Pishña lagoon (giant otter oxbow lagoon) for about 2 hours. This black water lagoon is a fascinating ecosystem, a blackwater lake where unique species live. We'll enjoy the sunset and then return to the campsite for dinner.
Day 3: Exploring the Anaconda Lagoon
Day 4: Parrot Clay Lick and Casa de la Abuela
After we leave this site, we will take our kayaks from the Rumiyacu river to the Tiputini river until reaching la Casa de la Abuela. We are here to visit the home of the founder of the community. Considered the Harpy Eagle’s nest of the area, this traditional home is situated on a 50-meter high hill with an incredible view of the surroundings. Here we’ll learn about the way of life in the jungle and the community’s history and traditions. We’ll learn how the traditional drink, chicha, is made, and we’ll also learn how to make chocolate from the harvest of cacao. Here we will enjoy a delicious typical lunch. At the end of the day, We’ll enjoy the incredible sunset while kayaking down to the campsite with the spectacular radiant colors of the Amazon. Return to camp for dinner.
Day 5: Return to Coca
Included in the amazon kayak tour:
- Transportation Coca – Mandari Panga – Coca
- Bilingual guide
- Accommodation in tents complete with mattress and bedding
- Kayaks and gear
- Use of rubber boots for hikes, life jacket for canoe travel
- Three meals a day (starting with lunch on the first day through breakfast on the final day)
- Purified water
Not included in the amazon kayak tour:
- Transportation Quito – Coca – Quito by bus
- Additional beverages and snacks; extra meals in Coca before and after the tour
- Rain ponchos (can be purchased in Coca before the tour if needed; highly recommended for adequate protection from heavy Amazon rains)
- Personal Expenses
- Travel insurance
What to bring (recommendations):
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT (in waterproof plastic bag)
- Fast drying, lightweight clothing including long sleeve shirts and pants
- A light jacket for colder nights
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sandals or walking shoes
- Thick, absorbent hiking type socks
- Hat or cap
- Sunglasses, sunblock and repellent (no spray)
- Water bottle
- One small (waterproof recommended) daypack
- Flashlight or headlamp with spare batteries
- Plastic bags to protect electronic equipment
- Camera and Binoculars
- Swimming suit